World Cancer Day & Charity Lotto Funds
World Cancer Day is a leading international day to raise awareness and promote all to take action in the fight against cancer. This day is a powerful reminder that we all have a role to play in reducing the global impact of cancer.
This is particularly poignant for us at the moment with our James recovering from testicular cancer and chemotherapy. He is doing really well and will soon be completing those triathlons again!! Our Charity Lotto donations for last month and this month will be going to Velindre Cancer Centre where James has been looked after so well.
Thank you for your hard work on the client donations, last month we raised £6,063.75 and we look forward to more of the same this month so that we can contribute well over £10,000 to this fantastic hospital. ]
Anyone who has had a family member or friend experience the ravages of cancer will fully appreciate what a fantastic service they provide at Velindre Hospital and it is a privilege to be able to support them. Thank you all for your wonderful support again this month – lets make it a big one for James and Velindre please.
Over the last 11 years, Convey Law have raised over £88,000 for cancer charities including Macmillan Cancer Support, Velindre Cancer Centre, Cancer Research UK, Children with Cancer UK and more. This is thanks to the fantastic work of our Conveyancers in speaking to customers about the Foundation’s Charity Lotto and the generosity of our customers.
What a huge difference Team Convey have made to so many people’s lives through these donations. Thank you everyone, let’s keep promoting this fantastic initiative! Let’s see if we can hit £100K for Cancer this month!!
Here are useful links and resources from the World Cancer Day team :
- The Cancer Atlas: How to Take Action https://canceratlas.cancer.org/taking-action/
- World Cancer Research Fund: Facts and Figures on specific cancers https://www.wcrf.org/diet-and-cancer/cancer-trends/
- Cancer.Net: Questions to ask your doctor https://www.cancer.net/navigating-cancer-care/diagnosing-cancer/questions-ask-your-health-care-team
- National Cancer Institute: Types of treatment https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/treatment/types
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network: Patient and Caregiver Resources https://www.nccn.org/patientresources/patient-resources
- International Psycho Oncology Society: Survivorship https://ipos.wildapricot.org/resources/Documents/For%20Patients/2.1.%20Patient%20and%20Family%20Guide.pdf