Convey Law supports The Wallich and the Newport Rough Sleepers Intervention Team
Convey Law believe that everyone deserves the right to a home, but more than that, everyone deserves the right to feel safe, to feel valued and to feel positive about their future, which is why we are choosing to support The Wallich and the Newport Rough Sleepers Intervention Team(RSIT).
The Rough Sleepers Intervention Teams continue to help the most vulnerable by providing outreach in the form of hot food, advice, referrals and pathways out of homelessness.
The Wallich operates under three core objectives:
- Getting people off the streets
- Keeping people off the streets
- Creating opportunities for people
All you have to do to make a donation is simply leave your items in the drop box. Please also complete the donation details form, so that we can keep a record of all donations and can thank you for your generosity.
The following items are suitable for donation:
- Food parcels (fresh and non-perishable accepted. Tins must have ring pull)
- New or second-hand clothing (including hats, scarves, gloves and coats)
- New or second-hand camping equipment (in particular tents and sleeping bags)
- Toiletries (soaps, shower gels, mouthwash etc.)
Other Ways to Get Involved
If you can’t donate any items, there are still plenty of alternative ways to show your support, including:
- Volunteering – There are plenty of volunteer opportunities to choose from, from delivering breakfast to rough sleepers a few mornings a week to helping organise events and raise funds.
- Letters Against Loneliness – Write letters, send postcards or drawings to service users in homelessness hostels and accommodation. Find out more
- Fundraising – Plan your own event or take part in one already organised. There are hundreds of ways you can become involved and support the work of The Wallich.
If you’re interested in learning more or have your own ideas about how to support The Wallich, or any other charitable causes then speak to our Charity Co-ordinator, Jade Morgan email@example.com