The description below describes the nature of the role and is not limited to the tasks set out. The individual may be required to provide additional support when requested.
- Job Title: Trainee Conveyancer
- Job Type: Permanent, Full time
- Location: Newport, South Wales
- Salary: £19,000.00 to £25,000.00
- Reports to: Academy Director
To be successful in this position, you must have at least 3 months of experience working within a law firm.
An exciting opportunity exists to join an innovative, award-winning, and industry-leading residential conveyancing company based in Newport, South Wales. Due to continued success and planned growth, we are recruiting exceptional and driven individuals committed to building a rewarding career as a Conveyancer.
You may be already working in a conveyancing department and looking to further your career and have a passion for delivering great service and have a desire to embark on a career that is both rewarding and exciting. You must have a willingness to learn, be results-driven and be calm under pressure. The successful candidates will join our in-house Training Academy dealing with all aspects of a residential sale and purchase, from initial instruction to completion.
You will be enrolled on the SQA Approved Conveyancing Academy Paralegal and Trainee Conveyancer courses. You will be working in a friendly, highly supervised environment where candidates have a fantastic opportunity to progress in their careers.
A law degree is not essential but desirable. The role will progress to a qualified Licensed Conveyancer.
Following appropriate training, you will be required:
- To be responsible for running a small number of files under Supervision, increasing in capacity and complexity as you become experienced.
- To learn the Conveyancing Protocol using company Best Practice.
- To provide exceptional quality of service that is accurate and well informed.
- To proactively pick up the phone to clients and be their professional advisor
- To establish and manage clients’ expectations.
- To complete the Conveyancing Academy Training Programme.
- To ensure our introducers receive exceptional professional service at all times.
Following the successful completion of a 3-month probationary period, you will be required to undertake the following responsibilities:
- Review & link incoming posts to the relevant files
- Updating Case Status effectively in order to assist with Introducer updates
- Deal with Welcome Packs and initial call to Client
- Use Live Reports to advise on required KPIs
- Verifying client identification in accordance with the Convey Law Money Laundering Policy Guidelines
- Following the Convey Law policy for Protocol.
- Ensuring all telephone calls are returned within 2 hours of receipt wherever possible or at the latest, prior to the close of business on each working day
- Ordering Property Searches
- Dealing with Notices and certificates of compliance
- Preparing Statement of Accounts
- Undertaking Completion Day procedures
- Effecting Exchange of Contracts sale files
- Effecting Exchange of Contracts purchase files
- Providing regular and relevant Introducer updates
- Self-motivated and able to manage conflicting priorities and tasks with minimal supervision.
- Copes effectively in demanding circumstances.
- Good time management, adopting a flexible approach to work.
- Demonstrates persistence and commitment to completing tasks and objectives.
- Pays attention to detail and quality of work.
- Demonstrates a commitment to improving working practices and supports company plans and policies.
Working with People
- Confident in building and maintaining strong working relationships with staff of all levels of seniority.
- Demonstrate a ‘can-do’ attitude and willingness to help others within the company.
- Demonstrates sound judgement and good decision-making when dealing with problems.
- Able to identify a problem arising and can develop a solution or take the correct course of action.
- Knows when to seek guidance or further input from others before taking action.
- Checks that information is accurate and complete.
- Looks for new solutions to problems as well as tried and tested methods.
- Able to communicate to colleagues in writing in a clear, constructive, and professional way.
- Communicate with external stakeholders and clients whilst ensuring the company is always represented in a professional manner.
- Willing to ask questions, listen to other’s views and accept advice.
- Willing to contribute ideas and seek improvements and solutions.
- Excellent customer communication skills including the ability to resolve complaints or escalations.
- Salary packages, Appraisals, and Reviews
- Flexible Working Hours
- Subsidised Parking
- Bonus Scheme
- Hybrid Working
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Subsidised Conveyancing
- Recognition and Awards
- Long Service Awards
- Birthday Celebrations and Additional Time Off
- Support with Charity Fundraising
- Social Funds for Staff Parties
- Industry Leading Training and Development
- Mentoring, Coaching, and Teamwork
Health and Wellbeing
- Wellbeing Training and Guidance
- Holiday Cover
- Individual Counselling
- Workload Management
- Stress Busing and Pampering
- Back to Work Private Healthcare
- Time Away From Work
- Exercise and Fitness
- Great Environment
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Tools and Support to Succeed