Debt Recovery Agent
The description below describes the nature of the role and is not limited to the tasks set out. The individual may be required to provide additional support when requested.
- Job Title: Debt Recovery Agent
- Job Type: Permanent, Full time
- Location: Work from Home
- Salary: £20,000.00 to £24,000.00 + Commission (OTE 40K)
- Reports to: Operations Director
The role involves ensuring company debt risk is kept to a minimum by pro-actively calling customers to negotiate recovery of outstanding payments and driving overall debt reduction thus limiting financial loss to the business.
To succeed you’ll need excellent communication skills, a compassionate and mature approach, and work well individually and as part of a team. You’ll take pride in what you do and really care about providing an exceptional customer experience. In return, we will provide a fantastic working environment, together with the training and development you need to develop, progress, and make the most of your skills.
Your responsibilities will include:
To be responsible for a variety of tasks including but not limited to:
- Managing your own caseload of debt collection matters.
- Manage all debt recovery actions through contacting customers to demand payment on overdue debt and where necessary instigating legal proceedings and managing the process through to obtaining judgment and enforcement.
- Working as part of the broader team in order to meet and exceed targets.
- Manage escalated calls, taking full ownership of customer issues through to resolution.
- Maintenance of accurate account information.
- Achievement of internal call quality expectations.
- Achievement of clear KPI’s whilst maintaining a high quality of customer service.
- Issuing claims and statutory demands.
- Communicating with clients, officers, and third parties at all levels.
We are seeking someone who has a strong attention to detail, and excellent communication skills, with the ability to use their own initiative and work within tight deadlines.
- 2 years + Debt recovery experience
- Experience with Money Claim Online and court proceedings through the small claims court.
- Experience with debt recovery.
- A compassionate and mature approach.
- Excellent communication – call center/telephony experience preferred.
- Ability to make confident decisions.
- Ability to establish good working relationships.
- To work well under pressure and work with a wide variety of people.
- A consistent professional approach to all tasks.
- Strong computer skills and competent with the use of spreadsheets.
- Self-motivated and able to manage conflicting priorities and tasks with minimal supervision.
- Copes effectively in demanding circumstances.
- Good time management, adopting a flexible approach to work.
- Demonstrates persistence and commitment to completing tasks and objectives.
- Pays attention to detail and quality of work.
- Demonstrates a commitment to improving working practices and supports company plans and policies.
Working with People
- Confident in building and maintaining strong working relationships with staff of all levels of seniority.
- Demonstrate a ‘can-do’ attitude including a willingness to help others within the company.
- Demonstrates sound judgement and good decision making when dealing with problems.
- Able to identify a problem arising and can develop a solution or take the correct course of action.
- Knows when to seek guidance or further input from others before taking action.
- Checks that information is accurate and complete.
- Looks for new solutions to problems as well as tried and tested methods.
- Able to communicate to colleagues in writing in a clear, constructive, and professional way.
- Communicate with external stakeholders and clients whilst ensuring the company is always represented in a professional manner.
- Willing to ask questions, listen to others views and accept advice.
- Willing to contribute ideas and seek improvements and solutions.
- Excellent customer communication skills including the ability to resolve complaints or escalations.
- Salary packages, Appraisals and Reviews
- Flexible Working Hours
- Subsidised Parking
- Bonus Scheme
- Hybrid Working
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Subsidised Conveyancing
- Recognition and Awards
- Long Service Awards
- Birthday Celebrations and Additional Time Off
- Support with Charity Fundraising
- Social Funds for Staff Parties
- Industry Leading Training and Development
- Mentoring, Coaching and Teamwork
Health and Wellbeing
- Wellbeing Training and Guidance
- Holiday Cover
- Individual Counselling
- Workload Management
- Stress Busing and Pampering
- Back to Work Private Healthcare
- Time Away From work
- Exercise and Fitness
- Great Environment
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Tools and Support to Succeed