The description below describes the nature of the role and is not limited to the tasks set out. The individual may be required to provide additional support when requested.
Job Title: Conveyancer
Job Type: Permanent, Full time
Location: Work from home, Office, or Hybrid
Salary: £25,000.00 to £34,000.00 + Commission (OTE £40,000.00)
Reports to: Legal Director
To support Convey Law’s Legal Directors in the provision of legal services by providing Conveyancing legal advice and assistance to clients. Due to continued success and planned growth, we are recruiting for exceptional and driven experienced conveyancers committed to building a rewarding career within an innovative, award-winning, and industry-leading residential conveyancing company based in Newport, South Wales.
- Formerly worked as a Conveyancer at a conveyancing practice.
- Fee earned and have been responsible for own caseload.
- Comfortable with both Freehold and leasehold Titles
- Able to work with Case Management Systems in a paper-free environment.
- Able to work to set Targets and KPIs
- Technical legal knowledge of land law and the conveyancing procedure is required.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Taking full responsibility for the management of your caseload in accordance with best practice.
- Ensure the achievement of our Key Targets, i.e., Client Service, Completions, Timelines, Average Costs, and others.
- Comply with all Convey Law Policies and Procedures.
- Undertake the role of a Conveyancer with due diligence at all times and ensure that the best interests of the client, any mortgage lender and Convey Law are adequately protected.
- To manage an agreed caseload of clients, providing appropriate advice and assistance in accordance with professional standards and internal quality requirements.
- To process cases on a timely and cost-effective basis and in accordance with professional standards and internal quality requirements.
- To ensure that billing takes place promptly and that outstanding balances are collected as soon as feasible.
- To develop and maintain good client and commercial contact relationships and enhance the firm’s client base by effective liaison with existing clients and Introducers.
- To achieve all individual financial cost targets.
- To maximize the firm’s potential to cross-sell services by finding opportunities.
- To lead and supervise the team by providing coaching and support as required.
- To use the correct procedures and systems in order to manage cases effectively and in accordance with the firm’s standards and legal requirements.
- To manage own work allocation, productivity, and quality of work with minimum supervision.
- Self-motivated and able to manage conflicting priorities and tasks with minimal supervision.
- Copes effectively in demanding circumstances.
- Demonstrates persistence and commitment to completing tasks and objectives.
- Pays attention to detail and quality of work.
- Confident in building and maintaining strong working relationships with staff of all levels of seniority.
- Demonstrate a ‘can-do’ attitude including a willingness to help others within the company.
- Able to communicate to colleagues and external stakeholders in writing in a clear, constructive, and professional way.
- Excellent customer communication skills including the ability to resolve complaints or escalations.
- Demonstrates sound judgement and good decision-making when dealing with problems.
- Able to identify a problem arising and can develop a solution and seek guidance or input before acting.
- Looks for new solutions to problems as well as tried and tested methods.
- Willing to ask questions, listen to others’ views and accept advice.