Job Title: WordPress Developer Marketing
Job Type: Permanent, Full time
Location: Newport, South Wales
Salary: £30,000 to £35,000 depending on experience.
Reports to: Marketing Manager
We are seeking an experienced WordPress developer with front and back end skillset to support all areas of design, development and asset creation for Convey Law, our Partner brands and Charity associations.
This is a Marketing focused role, where other skills such as video editing and design work will be frequently required.
The successful candidate will be a confident and capable Developer who can work to deadlines whilst maintaining a high level of attention to detail. Working closely with the Marketing Manager you will develop and maintain our current WordPress sites along with project planning for new ventures creating and customising plugins and themes.
Whilst there is support available, you will be capable of working independently and have a pragmatic, solutions-based approach to problems.
- Design / deliver attractive and functional websites
- Create marketing materials as needed such as Mailchimp emails, web page updates, testimonial and training video editing and design of ad hoc materials such as website banner ads
- Responsible for front and back end development including themes and plugins
- Manage site integration and security updates
- Conducting website performance and functionality tests
- Troubleshoot content issues
- Understand SEO website build best practices and be able to produce optimised pages which are fast to load and mobile responsive
The ideal candidate:
- Extensive experience in web design and development in a small team or agency
- Innovative, not afraid to bring new ideas to the table and be able to work across multiple projects
- Personable, well organised, self-driven, with a proven ability to work under pressure and achieve targets and deadlines
- Great problem-solving skills and a can-do attitude
- Positive approach to work, problem solving and working as a team
- Organised and adaptive. Driven to provide the best quality work for the company to achieve results, not just delivery of the requested work
Qualifications – desirable but not essential:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience developing and managing WordPress page builders.
- HTML and CSS extensive experience
- Understanding of user experience best practices
- SEO best practice for website development
- Graphic design and video editing
- Working with APIs
You will receive access to a fantastic benefits package, which befits an award winning and Investors in People Gold Standard company, including:
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee bonus scheme
- Subsidised parking
- Flexible working
- Long service awards
- Staff social fund
Further details can be found at https://www.conveylaw.com/recruitment/benefits/
Currently predominantly home based due to COVID-19 however will be office based post restrictions.