Congratulations to our latest Apprenticeship graduates Sophie, Natalie and Kendra for completing their Apprenticeship Training and successfully joining Convey Law’s team of expert Licensed Conveyancers! Sophie, Natalie and Kendra have successfully demonstrated exceptional conveyancing knowledge and ability to manage their own caseloads, while providing exceptional customer service. Our Graduate Stars operate to the highest standards through our Conveyancing Protocol. Our Protocol is designed to ensure excellent communication and client service, coupled with the required due diligence… Read More
Job Title: Academy Senior Conveyancer (Tutor Assessor)
Job Type: Permanent, Full time
Location: Newport, South Wales.
Salary: £30,000 to £40,000 depending on experience.
Reports to: Head of Department
To tutor, train and assess trainees and learners to achieve in a work based environment.
Convey Law is an SME residential conveyancing practice. The role of the Academy Senior Conveyancer is a multi-discipline role covering the live office environment with further responsibility as a Tutor Assessor in our online learning platform the Conveyancing Academy. The Conveyancing Academy is the only SQA approved centre for delivery of the CLC Licensed Conveyancer qualifications in Wales. We are also approved by RoATP for the delivery of Conveyancing Apprenticeships in England.
The Academy Senior Conveyancer is pivotal in the day to day operations of the Trainee Conveyancer Academy, and accordingly will need to exercise supervision over; training, file management, auditing, legal advice, client service and personnel, enabling Trainee Conveyancers to accomplish company objectives by training and supervising new team members to reach a required bench-mark as set out by the Line Manager.
The ideal person for this role will be a Licensed Conveyancer who has qualified through the CLC route or cross-qualified via Cilex and is eager to develop their skills outside of the fee-earning role.
Alongside your day to day of delivering vocational training to the in-house academy you will be providing work based learning programmes assessing learner’s performance/knowledge to meet the requirements of the Awarding Organisation standards and learning objectives. You will deliver support and academic training to level 4 and level 6 learners.
- Achieving individual and cohort targets for performance and learning.
- Coaching, mentoring and providing technical/legal support and guidance to the individuals within the Cohort.
- To manage case capacities within the team and escalate issues to Senior Management without delay
- Working with the Learning & Development Manager to ensure that each individual has a tailored Training Plan with key training targets agreed/achieved within defined timescales.
- Ensuring that the individuals within their Cohort comply with all Convey Law practices and policies and are working effectively.
- To provide training on all aspects of the junior conveyancing process to include Searches, Sale Enquiries, Title Checking, Exchange and Completion.
- Providing employees and learners with prompt, accurate and constructive and written feedback.
- Maintaining high staff morale and engagement with each other and the collective company objectives – leading by example, being an exemplary role model and providing a positive outlook at all times.
- Provide quality service by instilling and displaying Convey Law values in every communication you are part of.
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by ensuring Convey Law policies are followed, but also by identifying well being issues that may be affecting your cohort.
- Identifying and resolving workplace issues that may arise.
- Working with the Training and Development Manager and a small team of Conveyancing Tutor Assessors to assess groups of external learners working towards the CLC Licensed Conveyancer qualifications.
- Carrying out the on-boarding process and explaining the assessment process fully to the candidate.
- Managing submission deadlines and invigilating the exam process.
- Following guidelines issues by the Centre and SQA with regards to assessment practice and completion of all assessment documentation and records.
- Providing a blended learning approach to training delivery, engaging the candidate in relevant learning experiences that support their route to qualification.
- Managing an effective partnership with employers and learners that promotes the achievement of their qualifications and programmes within the agreed timescale.
- Manage your own continuous professional development by undertaking training or activities.
- High level of customer focus
- High level of communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent work ethic and be able to work using own initiative but understanding wear to seek assistance.
- Ability to handle confidential situations with tact and diplomacy whilst having a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Extensive knowledge of conveyancing law and practice. Minimum 5 years’ experience.
- Hold or be willing to work towards CAVA Assessor Awards.
- Some previous experience of delivering training within a high-volume environment with be advantageous although full training will be provided.
- To have excellent presentation skills and confidence delivering to multiple platforms.
- Be willing to be registered with Education Workforce Wales
- Achieve satisfactory DBS clearance.
You will receive access to a fantastic benefits package, which befits an award winning and Investors in People Gold Standard company, including:
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Subsidised parking.
- Flexible working.
- Long service awards.
- Staff social fund.
This role can be delivered within the office environment or working remotely. An amalgamation of the two is also acceptable.