A very warm welcome to our new members of staff joining the Convey Law family this month! Taking the first step today towards a rewarding and successful conveyancing career are Abigail Yeo, Habiba Begum, Helene Reiminger, Janine McCann, Nina Pires, Patrycja Slepecka, Christian Petersen, Anastasia Bhika-Jacobs and Denise Harris who have joined us as Conveyancers… Read More
Job Title: Trainee Conveyancer
Job Type: Permanent, Full time
Salary: £17,000 – £25,000
Reports to: Conveyancing Supervisor
An exciting opportunity exists to join an innovative, award-winning and industry-leading residential conveyancing company based in Newport, South Wales.
Due to continued success and planned growth, we are recruiting for exceptional and driven individuals committed to building a rewarding career as a Conveyancer.
You may be already working in a conveyancing department and looking to further your career and have a passion for delivering great service and a desire to embark on a career that is both rewarding and exciting. You must have a willingness to learn, be results-driven and be calm under pressure.
The successful candidates will join our in-house Training Academy dealing with all aspects of a residential sale and purchase, from initial instruction to completion. They will be enrolled on the SQA Approved Conveyancing Academy Paralegal and Trainee Conveyancer courses. You will be working in a friendly, highly supervised environment where candidates have a fantastic opportunity to progress their career.
A law degree is not essential but desirable. The role will progress to qualified Licensed Conveyancer.
Following appropriate training, you will be required:
- To be responsible for running a small number of files under Supervision, increasing in capacity and complexity as you become experienced.
- To learn the Conveyancing Protocol using company Best Practice.
- To provide exceptional quality of service that is accurate and well informed.
- To proactively pick up the phone to clients and be their professional advisor
- To establish and manage clients’ expectation.
- To complete the Conveyancing Academy Training Programme.
- To ensure our introducers receive exceptional professional service at all times.
Following the successful completion of a 3-month probationary period, you will be required to undertake the following responsibilities:
- Review & link incoming post to the relevant files
- Updating Case Status effectively in order to assist with Introducer updates
- Deal with Welcome Packs and initial call to Client
- Use Live Reports to advise on required KPIs
- Verifying client identification in accordance with the Convey Law Money Laundering Policy Guidelines
- Following the Convey Law policy for Protocol.
- Ensuring all telephone calls are returned within 2 hours of receipt wherever possible or at the latest, prior to close of business on each working day
- Ordering Property Searches
- Dealing with Notices and certificate of compliance
- Preparing Statement of Accounts
- Undertaking Completion Day procedures
- Effecting Exchange of Contracts sale files
- Effecting Exchange of Contracts purchase files
- Providing regular and relevant Introducer updates.
You will receive access to a fantastic benefits package, which befits an award-winning and Investors in People Gold Standard company, including:
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Employee bonus scheme.
- Subsidised parking.
- Flexible working.
- Long service awards.
- Staff social fund.
Further details can be found at https://www.conveylaw.com/recruitment/benefits/