Job Title: Senior Web Developer
Job Type: Permanent, Full time
Location: Newport, South Wales
Salary: £30,000 to £40,000 pa
Reports to: IT Manager
To support the IT Manager by providing competent and efficient development and programming skills for both internal and external web-based products. This is an exciting role in developing systems to support cutting edge technology within the sphere of legal conveyancing systems and digital client identity and client facing technology.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop and maintain new bespoke IT systems in accordance with specification.
- Work with Java Developers to develop and maintain links between internal IT systems web sites and web-based systems.
- Advise IT Manager and/or Senior Management Team, as appropriate, on design and development issues.
- Support IT Manager in meeting deadlines for provision of systems and documentation as required for the practice or 3rd parties.
- Manage own work allocation, productivity and quality of work with minimum of supervision.
- Self motivated and able to organise own work with minimum supervision.
- Copes effectively in demanding circumstances.
- Good time management adopting a flexible approach to work.
- Demonstrates persistence and commitment to completing tasks and objectives.
- Delivers work output to the required standard.
- Pays attention to detail and quality of work.
- Demonstrates a commitment to improving working practices and supports company plans and policies.
Working with People:
- Ability to build and maintain working relationships with others and is seen as ‘approachable’.
- Operates effectively as part of a team.
- Willing to offer help to all colleagues to ensure company success.
- Demonstrates sound judgement and good decision making when dealing with problems.
- Able to identify a problem arising and can develop a solution or take the correct course of action.
- Knows when to seek guidance or further input from others before taking action.
- Checks that information is accurate and complete.
- Looks for new solutions to problems as well as tried and tested methods.
- Able to express oneself both orally and in writing in a clear and constructive way.
- Willing to ask questions, listen to others views and accept advice.
- Willing to contribute ideas and seek improvements.
- Good client / Introducer handling skills both by telephone and face to face.
Working knowledge and good experience of using:
- HTML / HTML5
- Java Script
- WP Engine / WordPress
- Google PPC
- Google AdWords
- Website SEO
- Working knowledge of Adobe Graphics design products particularly Photoshop
- Good understanding and experience of Microsoft Office products
Working knowledge of:
- JavaServer Pages
- Bootstrap and jQuery
- Adobe In Design
- Amazon Web Service (AWS) and GitHub
Desired Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience developing and managing Web Sites.
- Demonstrable experience with PPC and Ad Words
- A demonstrable portfolio of designs for review
- Qualifications specific to Web Design and other required Languages