Job Title: Senior Software Support Technician
Job Type: Full time
Location: Newport, South Wales / Working from home
Salary: £30,000 – £35,000 depending on experience.
Reports to: IT Manager
An exciting opportunity exists to join an innovative, award winning and industry leading residential conveyancing company based in Newport, South Wales for a talented and enthusiastic Senior Software Support Technician to join our growing IT team.
- Supporting Web based applications
- Java 8
- Database experience – PostgreSQL / MSSQL / MySQL
- Working knowledge of Windows desktop and server operating systems
- Working knowledge of Linux based systems – bash / terminal command toolset
- Experience working in a business IT environment
- Knowledge of managing hybrid deployments AWS / Azure / Cloud Console
- Knowledge of user management within AD / Azure AD, secure user login and access to systems with permission management and auditing
- Excellent problem-solving and resolution abilities covering a range of software, hardware, and network issues
- Evidence of successful experience in computer desktop support
- Evidence of providing a customer service focused approach
- Exposure to cloud server computing e.g. AWS / Azure
- Experience with Active Directory and group policy
- Experience with Telecoms / WAN / WIFI technology
- Firewall / Router / switch administration skills
- Knowledge/understanding of networking, VLAN’s, VPN’s and the securing of network communications
- Knowledge of dealing with network file systems, NAS / SAN, and tiered storage deployments
- Knowledge of dealing with virtual server environments VMWare / MS / KVM
- AWS Certifications – Cloud Practitioner / SysOps Administrator / Solutions Architect
- Recognised qualifications in server / networking technologies / desktop support
- Redhat Certifications – RHCSA / RHCE
Your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting Bespoke business applications and systems
- Identifying, reporting, and resolving recurring issues.
- Tracking work in progress and recording issues and solutions.
- Meeting deadlines for the provision of systems and documentation as required for the business or 3rd parties.
- Manage own work allocation, productivity, and quality of work with minimum supervision.
- Supporting the roll out of new applications including policies, procedures, migrations, and training where applicable
- Completing regular audits.
- Troubleshooting technical problems and resolving network issues.
- Replacing or repairing core equipment.
- High level of personal integrity and confidentiality
- Ability to work effectively as a team member
- Ability to work flexibly to meet changing needs
- Commitment to own learning and development
- Physical fitness for the role (may include manual handling of I.T. related equipment)
- Commitment to cover business hours including possible evening and weekend work
- Maintain professional appearance
Working with People:
- Ability to build and maintain working relationships with others and is seen as ‘approachable’.
- Effective written communication skills
- Effective oral communication and presentation skills
- Good organisational and time management skills
- The ability to interpret complex information and communicate ideas clearly
Education & Qualifications:
- Educated to GCSE or equivalent level in English and Mathematics
- Appropriate support or technical knowledge gained through a combination of experience and specialist training
Flexible Working Options Available
- Work from home
- Part time or Full Time
Further details can be found at https://www.conveylaw.com/recruitment/benefits/