The description below describes the nature of the role and is not limited to the tasks set out. The individual may be required to provide additional support when requested.
Job Title: Senior IT Technician – Support/System
Job Type: Permanent, Full time
Location: Newport, South Wales / Home working
Salary: £30,000.00 to £40,000.00 pa depending on experience.
Reports to: IT Manager
An exciting opportunity exists to join an innovative, award winning and industry leading residential conveyancing company based in Newport, South Wales for a talented and enthusiastic Senior IT Technician to join our growing IT team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Identifying hardware and software solutions.
- Troubleshooting technical problems and resolving network issues.
- Identifying, reporting and resolving recurring issues.
- Tracking work in progress and recording issues and solutions.
- Completing regular audits.
- Replacing or repairing core equipment.
- Supporting the roll out of new applications including policies, procedures, migrations and training where applicable
- Meeting deadlines for the provision of systems and documentation as required for the business or 3rd parties.
- Manage own work allocation, productivity and quality of work with minimum supervision.
- Supporting Bespoke business applications and systems.
- Working knowledge of Windows desktop and server operating systems
- Working knowledge of Linux based systems – bash / terminal command toolset
- Experience working in a business IT environment
- Knowledge/understanding of networking, VLAN’s, VPN’s and the securing of network communications
- Knowledge of dealing with network file systems, NAS / SAN, and tiered storage deployments
- Knowledge of dealing with virtual server environments VMWare / MS / KVM
- Knowledge of managing hybrid deployments AWS / Azure / Cloud Console
- Knowledge of user management within AD / Azure AD, secure user login and access to systems with permission management and auditing
- Excellent problem-solving and resolution abilities covering a range of software, hardware and network issues
- Evidence of successful experience in computer desktop support
- Evidence of providing a customer service focused approach
- Exposure to cloud server computing e.g. AWS / Azure
- Firewall / Router / switch administration skills
- Experience with Active Directory and group policy
- Experience with Telecoms / WAN / WIFI technology
- Recognised qualifications in server / networking technologies / desktop support
- Redhat Certifications – RHCSA / RHCE
- AWS Certifications – Cloud Practitioner / SysOps Administrator / Solutions Architect
- Database experience – PostgreSQL / MSSQL / MySQL
- Java 8
- High level of personal integrity and confidentiality
- Ability to work effectively as a team member
- Ability to work flexibly to meet changing needs
- Commitment to own learning and development
- Physical fitness for the role (may include manual handling of I.T. related equipment)
- Commitment to cover business hours including possible evening and weekend work
- Maintain professional appearance
Working with People:
- Ability to build and maintain working relationships with others and is seen as ‘approachable’.
- Effective written communication skills
- Effective oral communication and presentation skills
- Good organisational and time management skills
- The ability to interpret complex information and communicate ideas clearly
Education & Qualifications:
- Educated to GCSE or equivalent level in English and Mathematics
- Appropriate support or technical knowledge gained through a combination of experience and specialist training
You will receive access to a fantastic benefits package, which befits an award winning and Investors in People Gold Standard company, including:
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Employee bonus scheme.
- Subsidised parking.
- Flexible working.
- Long service awards.
- Staff social fund.
Further details can be found at https://www.conveylaw.com/recruitment/benefits/