Job Title: Remortgage Conveyancer
Job Type: Permanent, Full time
Location: Newport, South Wales / Home Working
Salary: £17,000 – £25,000
Reports to: Conveyancing Supervisor
An exciting opportunity exists to join an innovative, award winning and industry leading residential conveyancing company based in Newport, South Wales.
Due to continued success and planned growth, we are recruiting for exceptional and driven individuals committed to building a rewarding career as a Remortgage Conveyancer.
You may be already working in a remortgage or conveyancing department and looking to further your career or you may have no conveyancing experience at all, but a passion for delivering great service and a desire to embark on a career that is both rewarding and exciting. You must have a willingness to learn, be results driven and be calm under pressure.
The successful candidates will join our in-house Training Academy dealing with all aspects of a residential sale and purchase, from initial instruction to completion. They will be enrolled on the SQA Approved Conveyancing Academy Paralegal and Trainee Conveyancer courses. You will be working in a friendly, highly supervised environment where candidates have fantastic opportunity to progress their career.
A law degree is not essential but desirable. The role may progress to qualification as a Licensed Conveyancer.
Following appropriate training, you will be required:
- To be responsible for running a small number of files under Supervision, increasing in capacity and complexity as you become experienced.
- To learn the Conveyancing Protocol using company Best Practice.
- To provide exceptional quality of service that is accurate and well informed.
- To proactively pick up the phone to clients and be their professional advisor.
- To establish and manage clients’ expectation.
- To complete the Conveyancing Academy Training Programme.
- To ensure our introducers receive exceptional professional service at all times.
Following the successful completion of a 3 month probationary period, you will be required to undertake the following responsibilities:
- Review & link incoming post to the relevant files
- Updating Case Status effectively in order to assist with Introducer updates
- Deal with Welcome Packs and initial call to Client
- Use Live Reports to advise on required KPIs
- Verifying client identification and anti-fraud requirements in accordance with the Convey Law Money Laundering Policy Guidelines
- Following the Convey Law policy for Protocol.
- Ensuring all telephone calls are returned within 2 hours of receipt wherever possible or at the latest, prior to close of business on each working day
- Ordering Property Searches
- Dealing with Notices and certificate of compliance
- Preparing Statement of Accounts
- Undertaking Completion Day procedures
- Effecting completion on a caseload of remortgage transactions
- Effecting Exchange of Contracts sale and purchase files
- Providing regular and relevant Introducer updates.
You will receive access to a fantastic benefits package, which befits an award winning and Investors in People Gold Standard company, including:
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Employee bonus scheme.
- Subsidised parking.
- Flexible working.
- Long service awards.
- Staff social fund.
Further details can be found at https://www.conveylaw.com/recruitment/benefits/