Job Title: Recoveries Agent
Job Type (permanent, full time etc): Permanent, Full time
Location: Newport, South Wales
Salary: £17,000 – £25,000 OTE
Reports to: Background Team Manager
An opportunity to join a multi award winning Conveyancing Law Firm based in the centre of Newport, who due to continued success and planned growth have an opening for a Debt Recovery Specialist to join our thriving team.
Based in our Newport office, the role involves ensuring company debt risk is kept to a minimum by pro-actively calling customers to negotiate recovery of outstanding payments and driving overall debt reduction thus limiting financial loss to the business.
To succeed you’ll need excellent communication skills, a compassionate and mature approach and be able to work well individually and as part of a team. You’ll take pride in what you do and really care about providing an exceptional customer experience. In return, we will provide a fantastic working environment, together with the training and development you need to develop, progress and make the most of your skills.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Managing your own case load of debt collection matters.
- Manage all debt recovery actions through making contact with customers to demand payment on overdue debt and where necessary instigating legal proceedings and managing the process through to obtaining judgement and enforcement.
- Working as part of the wider team in order to meet and exceed targets.
- Manage escalated calls, taking full ownership of customer issues through to resolution.
- Maintenance of accurate account information.
- Achievement of internal call quality expectations.
- Achievement of clear KPI’s whilst maintaining a high quality of customer service.
- Issuing claims and statutory demands.
- Communicating with clients, officers and third parties at all levels.
- A compassionate and mature approach.
- Excellent communication – call centre/telephony experience preferred.
- Ability to make confident decisions.
- Ability to establish good working relationships.
- To work well under pressure and work with a wide variety of people.
- A consistent professional approach to all tasks.
- Strong computer skills and competent with the use of spreadsheets.
- Experience with Money Claim Online and court proceedings through the small claims court.
- Experience with debt recovery.
- The successful candidate will receive access to a fantastic benefits package, which befits an award winning and Investors in People Gold Standard company.