Job Title: Paralegal
Job Type (permanent, full time etc): Permanent, Full time
Location: Newport, South Wales
Salary: £16,000 – £19,000
Reports to: Head of Department
- To assist Conveyancers in the management of caseload by actioning legal procedures as directed by the Conveyancer.
- To assist Conveyancers in the management of caseload by dealing with file related queries either face to face or by telephone.
- To assist Conveyancers in the processing of matters on a timely and cost effective basis.
- To support Conveyancers in the maintenance of files by effective file management.
- To ensure that clients are dealt with efficiently and politely and that appropriate legal matters are raised with the Conveyancer.
- To attend to clients, taking instructions, and conducting letter and telephone enquiries as necessary
- To use the correct Practice procedures and systems in order to manage cases effectively and in accordance with the firm’s standards and legal requirements.
- To improve and enhance the firm’s client base by effective liaison with existing clients.
- To maximize the firm’s potential to cross – sell services by identifying appropriate opportunities.
- To manage own work allocation, productivity and quality of work with minimum supervision.
- To comply with all Convey Law policies and procedures
- To ensure our clients received the best possible service at all times
- To ensure our introducers of business receive the best possible service at all times.
- Following an initial review by the conveyancer, the individual will link incoming post to the relevant files
- Updating Case Status effectively in order to assist with Introducer updates
- Linking incoming Welcome Packs to the relevant files
- Log post in
- Using live reports
- Verifying client identification in accordance with the Convey Law Money Laundering Policy Guidelines
- Completing the projected completions procedure
- Ensuring all telephone calls are returned within 2 hours of receipt wherever possible or at the latest, prior to close of business on each working day
- Ordering Searches
- Introducer updates
- Assisting preparation of completion files
- Dealing with Notices and certificate of compliance
- Responsible for the team’s voicemail facility ensuring all calls are returned within 2 hours
- Preparing statement of accounts
- Carrying out OS1 and K16
- Undertaking Completion Day procedures
- Dealing with apportionments
- Issuing Indemnity Insurance
- Effecting exchange of contracts sale files
- Effecting exchange of contracts purchase files
- Running exchange of contracts Purchase file
- Preparing for exchange and completion