Job Title: Legal Cashier
Job Type: Permanent, Full time
Location: Newport, South Wales
Salary: £16,000 to £18,000 DOE
Reports to: Accounts Department Manager
To support the Accounts Department in the provision of Financial Services to the practice by providing competent and efficient assistance in Cashier / Book – Keeping duties.
- To support the operation of the firms Client and Office Bank reconciliations.
- To ensure the financial audit of all completed transactions.
- To verify balances in accounts books and rectify discrepancies
- To process banking of all incoming cheques.
- To ensure production of Client and Office account cheques.
- To post all daily receipts and payments
- To enter postings to the accounts system on a daily basis.
- To ensure that all postings are recorded correctly.
- To assist posting all bills and disbursements.
- To execute and authorise the bank transfers.
- To ensure that all balancing payments are dealt with in a timely manner.
- To deal directly with Clients when remitting balancing payments.
- To ensure that all matters are nil balance prior to authorization and closure.
- To support the operation of the department’s credit control system.
- To ensure reconciliation of debit and credit card payments.
- To ensure that all Searches and Indemnity policies are paid in a timely manner.
- To manage own work allocation, productivity and quality of work with minimum supervision.
- To possess a good understanding of Solicitors / CLC Accounts Rule
- Self-motivated and able to organise own work with minimum supervision.
- Copes effectively in demanding circumstances.
- Good time management, adopting a flexible approach to work.
- Demonstrates persistence and commitment to completing tasks and objectives.
- Delivers work output to the required standard.
- Pays attention to detail and quality of work.
- Demonstrates a commitment to improving working practices and supports company plans and policies.
Working with People:
- Ability to build and maintain working relationships with others and is seen as ‘approachable’.
- Operates effectively as part of a team.
- Willing to offer help to all colleagues to ensure company success.
- Demonstrates sound judgement and good decision making when dealing with problems.
- Able to identify a problem arising and can develop a solution or take the correct course of action.
- Knows when to seek guidance or further input from others before taking action.
- Checks that information is accurate and complete.
- Looks for new solutions to problems as well as tried and tested methods.
- Able to express oneself both orally and in writing in a clear and constructive way.
- Willing to ask questions, listen to others views and accept advice.
- Willing to contribute ideas and seek improvements.
- Good client / Introducer/supplier handling skills both by telephone and face to face
- Recent practical experience of accounts administration.
- Working knowledge of accounting principles.
- Working knowledge of credit control.
- Working knowledge of accounting software with good keyboard skills.
- Practical experience of handling client enquiries both face to face and by telephone.
- Experience of working in a legal environment.
- Working knowledge of Solicitors / CLC Accounts Rules.
- Demonstrate a commitment to personal development.
* Please Note: Convey Law do not accept applications from recruitment agencies. The only way to apply for a vacancy is with us directly.