Job Title: Java Developer
Job Type: Permanent, Full time
Location: Newport, South Wales / Home Working
Salary: £35,000 to £45,000 depending on experience.
Reports to: IT Manager / Management Team
To support the IT Manager by providing competent and efficient development and programming skills for both internal and external web-based products. This is an exciting role in developing systems to support cutting edge technology within the sphere of legal conveyancing systems and digital client identity and client facing technology.
- Develop and maintain new and existing bespoke IT systems in accordance with specification.
- Work with the IT team to develop and maintain links between internal IT systems web sites and web-based systems.
- Advise IT Manager and/or Senior Management Team, as appropriate, on design and development issues.
- Support IT Manager in meeting deadlines for provision of systems and documentation as required for the practice or 3rd parties.
- Support IT Manager in meeting deadlines for the provision of systems and documentation as required for the business or 3rd parties.
- Manage own work allocation, productivity and quality of work with minimum supervision.
- Self motivated and able to organise own work with minimum supervision.
- Copes effectively in demanding circumstances.
- Good time management adopting a flexible approach to work.
- Demonstrates persistence and commitment to completing tasks and objectives.
- Delivers work output to the required standard.
- Pays attention to detail and quality of work.
- Demonstrates a commitment to improving working practices and supports company plans and policies.
Working with People:
- Ability to build and maintain working relationships with others and is seen as ‘approachable’.
- Operates effectively as part of a team.
- Willing to offer help to all colleagues to ensure company success.
- Demonstrates sound judgement and good decision making when dealing with problems.
- Able to identify a problem arising and can develop a solution or take the correct course of action.
- Knows when to seek guidance or further input from others before taking action.
- Checks that information is accurate and complete.
- Looks for new solutions to problems as well as tried and tested methods.
- Able to express oneself both orally and in writing in a clear and constructive way.
- Willing to ask questions, listen to others views and accept advice.
- Willing to contribute ideas and seek improvements.
- Good client / Introducer handling skills both by telephone and face to face.
- Knowledge and experience using:
- Java 8
- Angular & AngularJS
- Maven & Spring Frameworks
- SQL / PostgreSQL Database Management
- APIs – specifically REST and SOAP
- HTML, XML & CSS
- Knowledge of:
- Elastic Beanstalk & AWS Deployment environment
- Apache Tomcat
- Document Standards – PDF / DOCX
- Twilio / telecom interface solutions
- Oracle Developer Certifications
- AWS Developer Certifications
You will receive access to a fantastic benefits package, which befits an award winning and Investors in People Gold Standard company, including:
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Subsidised parking.
- Flexible working.
- Long service awards.
- Staff social fund.
* Please Note: Convey Law do not accept applications from recruitment agencies. The only way to apply for a vacancy is with us directly.