Job Title: Java Developer
Job Type (permanent, full time etc): Permanent, Full time
Location: Newport, South Wales
Salary: £35,000 to £45,000 depending on experience.
Reports to: IT Manager
To support the Senior Systems Developer in the provision of web based systems to the practice for
internal or external use by providing competent and efficient development skills.
- Develop and maintain practice’s web based systems using specifications provided by IT Manager or Senior Systems Developer.
- Provide draft visual examples of screens and reports based on specifications provided by IT Manager or Senior Systems Developer.
- Document procedures as developed and manuals for training other members of the team.
- Develop links between web sites and web based systems as appropriate.
- Work with Web Developer to maintain links between web sites and web based systems.
- Provide outline of procedures and manuals for those outside the IT Department as required.
- Advise IT Manager or Senior Systems Developer, as appropriate, on design and development issues.
- Act as backup to the Senior Systems Developer and, where appropriate, the Web Developer to provide extra resource as may be required.
- Support IT Manager in meeting deadlines for provision of systems and documentation as required for the practice or 3rd parties.
- Manage own work allocation, productivity and quality of work with minimum of supervision.
- Self motivated and able to organise own work with minimum supervision.
- Copes effectively in demanding circumstances.
- Good time management adopting a flexible approach to work.
- Demonstrates persistence and commitment to completing tasks and objectives.
- Delivers work output to the required standard.
- Pays attention to detail and quality of work.
- Demonstrates a commitment to improving working practices and supports company plans and policies.
Working with People
- Ability to build and maintain working relationships with others and is seen as ‘approachable’.
- Operates effectively as part of a team.
- Willing to offer help to all colleagues to ensure company success.
- Demonstrates sound judgement and good decision making when dealing with problems.
- Able to identify a problem arising and can develop a solution or take the correct course of action.
- Knows when to seek guidance or further input from others before taking action.
- Checks that information is accurate and complete.
- Looks for new solutions to problems as well as tried and tested methods.
- Able to express oneself both orally and in writing in a clear and constructive way.
- Willing to ask questions, listen to others views and accept advice.
- Willing to contribute ideas and seek improvements.
- Good client / Introducer handling skills both by telephone and face to face.
- Good understanding and experience of Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge and experience using:
- Spring Framework
- APIs – specifically REST
- SQL / Postgres
- HTML & CSS
- Java Script
- Knowledge of:
- Elastic Beanstalk / AWS
- JBOSS AS
- J2EE – EJB/JMS
If you are interested in this role then please apply here with your CV and a short covering letter. We will acknowledge your application.