Job Title: IT Support Manager
Job Type: Permanent, Full time
Location: Newport, South Wales
Salary: £35,000 to £45,000 depending on experience.
Reports to: IT Manager / Projects Manager
An exciting opportunity exists to join an innovative, award winning and industry leading residential conveyancing company based in Newport, South Wales for a talented and enthusiastic Support Manager to join our growing IT team.
- Identifying hardware and software solutions.
- Troubleshooting technical problems and resolving network issues.
- Identifying, reporting and resolving recurring issues.
- Tracking work in progress and recording issues and solutions.
- Completing regular audits.
- Replacing or repairing core equipment.
- Supporting the roll out of new applications including policies, procedures, migrations and training where applicable
- Meeting deadlines for the provision of systems and documentation as required for the business or 3rd parties.
- Managing a small team and leading on IT support and infrastructure requirements for hardware, software and telecommunications.
- Manage own work allocation, productivity and quality of work with minimum supervision.
- High level of personal integrity and confidentiality
- Ability to work effectively as a team member
- Ability to work flexibly to meet changing needs
- Commitment to own learning and development
- Physical fitness for the role (may include manual handling of I.T. related equipment)
- Commitment to cover business hours including possible evening and weekend work
- Maintain professional appearance
Working with People:
- Effective written communication skills
- Effective oral communication and presentation skills
- Good organisational and time management skills
- The ability to interpret complex information and communicate ideas clearly
- Ability to build and maintain working relationships with others and is seen as ‘approachable’.
Education & Qualifications:
- Educated to GCSE or equivalent level in English and Mathematics
- Appropriate support or technical knowledge gained through a combination of experience and specialist training
- Working knowledge of Windows desktop and server operating systems
- Working knowledge of linux based systems – bash / terminal command toolset
- Experience working in a business IT environment
- Knowledge/understanding of networking, VLAN’s, VPN’s and the securing of network communications
- Knowledge of dealing with network file systems, NAS / SAN, and tiered storage deployments
- Knowledge of dealing with virtual server environments VMWare / MS / KVM
- Knowledge of managing hybrid deployments AWS / Azure / Cloud Console
- Knowledge of user management within AD / Azure AD, secure user login and access to systems with permission management and auditing
- Excellent problem-solving and resolution abilities covering a range of software, hardware and network issues
- Evidence of successful experience in computer desktop support
- Evidence of providing a customer service focused approach
- Exposure to cloud server computing e.g. AWS / Azure
- Firewall / Router / switch administration skills
- Experience with Active Directory and group policy
- Experience with Telecoms / WAN / WIFI technology
- Recognised qualifications in server / networking technologies / desktop support
- Microsoft Certifications – Desktop Support (MCDST) / Microsoft Certified Technical Specialist server qualifications (MCTS)
- Redhat Certifications – RHCSA / RHCE
- AWS Certifications – Cloud Practitioner / SysOps Administrator / Solutions Architect
- Database experience – PostgreSQL / MSSQL / MySQL
You will receive access to a fantastic benefits package, which befits an award winning and Investors in People Gold Standard company, including:
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Subsidised parking.
- Flexible working.
- Long service awards.
- Staff social fund.
* Please Note: Convey Law do not accept applications from recruitment agencies. The only way to apply for a vacancy is with us directly.