Job Title: Finance and Accounts Manager
Job Type: Permanent, Full time
Location: Newport, South Wales
Salary: £30,000 to £40,000 pa
Reports to: Finance Director
To support the Finance Director in the provision of legal financial services to the Convey Group of businesses by providing leadership support and stakeholder and staff management in relation to our busy Accounts Department.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting Finance Director with preparation, reconciliation, posting, balancing of monthly, quarterly and annual Legal and Management Accounts and VAT Returns.
- Financial forecasting, budgeting and reporting.
- Preparation of Monthly Payroll, PAYE, National Insurance and Work Place Pensions requirements.
- Ensuring high quality reporting, policies and procedures are in place to effectively manage our busy Accounts Department and suite of businesses.
- Supporting the Finance Director in leading and managing the Accounts Department and our team of Legal Cashiers.
- Facilitating inter departmental and regulatory audits.
- Submission of charity Gift Aid Claims, payments and reconciliations.
Skills and experience required for the Finance and Accounts Manager
- Recent practical experience of accounts administration.
- Working knowledge of accounting principles and credit control.
- Working knowledge of accounting software with good keyboard skills.
- Practical experience of handling client enquiries.
- Good knowledge of Sage 50
- Excellent knowledge of CLC Accounts Rules.
- Ability to work well and lead where required in a team environment.
- Experience of working in a legal environment.
- A commitment to personal development and willingness to learn.
- Have or be working towards accounts qualifications offered by the ILFM or ACCA.
- Copes effectively in demanding circumstances.
- Good time management, adopting a flexible approach to work.
- Demonstrates persistence and commitment to completing tasks and objectives.
- Delivers work output to the required standard.
- Pays attention to detail and quality of work.
- Demonstrates a commitment to improving working practices and supports company plans and policies.
- Self-motivated and able to organise own work with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrates sound judgement and good decision making when dealing with problems.
- Able to identify a problem arising and can develop a solution or take the correct course of action.
- Knows when to seek guidance or further input from others before taking action.
- Looks for new solutions to problems as well as tried and tested methods.
- Able to express oneself both orally and in writing in a clear and constructive way.
- Willing to ask questions, listen to others views and accept advice.
- Willing to contribute ideas and seek improvements.
- Good client / Introducer / supplier handling skills both by telephone and face to face.