Job Title: Conveyancer
Job Type (permanent, full time etc): Permanent, Full time
Location: Newport, South Wales
Salary: £25,000 – £30,000 depending on experience.
Reports to: Head of Department
To support the Head of Department in the provision of legal services by providing Conveyancing legal advice and assistance to clients.
- Taking full responsibility for the management of their team and caseload in accordance with best practice and in order to ensure the achievement of our Key Targets, i.e. Client Service, Completions, Timelines and Average Costs.
- Comply with all Convey Law policies and procedures.
- Taking full responsibility and supervising all work undertaken in the teams and reviewing all work undertaken by the background teams
- Make contact with the branch manager of each Introducer at least twice per month in accordance with Convey Law requirements.
- Undertake and complete the Tuesday Updates Procedure in accordance with Convey Law Requirements.
- Ensure all telephone calls are returned within 2 hours of receipt wherever possible or at the latest, prior to close of business on each working day.
- Verifying client identification in accordance with the Convey Law Money Laundering Policy guidelines.
- To provide written, telephone and office costs estimates to Introducers and prospective clients with a full breakdown of costs and disbursements as requested
- Undertake a full file review of all live files at least once a month.
- Ensure that all checklist protocols are adhered to.
- Ensure that any complaints are dealt with in accordance with the Convey Law Complaints Procedure.
- Undertake and complete the Projected Completions Procedure in accordance with Convey Law requirements.
- Review and update the Case Status of each live file within the seven day requirement.
- Undertake a minimum of one hour’s dictation, dictating on a minimum of 10 files every day, whenever possible.
- Ensure that all incoming mail is actioned and dealt with within 48 hours of receipt wherever possible.
- Hold regular meetings with their team members in order to review the progress of the team.
- Undertake the role of a Conveyancer with due diligence at all times and ensuring that the best interests of the client, any mortgage lender and Convey Law are adequately protected.
- To manage an agreed caseload of clients, providing appropriate advice and assistance in accordance with professional standards and internal quality requirements.
- To process cases on a timely and cost effective basis and in accordance with professional standards and internal quality requirements.
- To ensure that billing takes place promptly and that outstanding balances are collected as soon as feasible.
- To develop and maintain good client and commercial contact relationships and enhance the firm’s client base by effective liaison with existing clients and Introducers.
- To achieve all individual financial costs targets.
- To maximize the firm’s potential to cross – sell services by identifying appropriate opportunities.
- To lead and supervise the team by providing coaching and support as required.
- To use the correct procedures and systems in order to manage cases effectively and in accordance with the firm’s standards and legal requirements.
- To manage own work allocation, productivity and quality of work with minimum supervision.