Head of Department
To support the Head of Department in the provision of legal services by providing Conveyancing legal advice and assistance to clients.
- Undertake the role of a Conveyancer with due diligence at all times and ensuring that the best interests of the client, any mortgage lender and Convey Law are adequately protected.
- Comply with all Convey Law policies and procedures.
- Dealing effectively with clients both over the telephone and in person.
- Ensure that our clients receive the best possible service at all times.
- Ensure that our introducers of business receive the best possible service at all times.
- Verifying client identification in accordance with the Convey Law Money Laundering Policy guidelines.
- Ensure that all checklist protocols are adhered to.
- Ensure that any complaints are dealt with in accordance with the Covey Law Complaints Procedure.
Adhere to the Live Team Operating Procedure (“the Protocol”):-
- Undertake and complete the Projected Completions Procedure in accordance with Convey Law requirements.Review and update the Case Status of each live file within the seven day requirement.
- Undertake a full file review of all live files at least once per month on the designated file review date.
- Undertake and complete the Tuesday Updates Procedure in accordance with Convey Law requirements.
- Make contact with the branch manager of each Introducer at least twice per month in accordance with Convey Law requirements.
- Undertake a minimum of one hour’s dictation, dictating on a minimum of 10 files every day, whenever possible.
- Ensure that all incoming mail is actioned and dealt with within 48 hours of receipt wherever possible.
- Ensure that all telephone calls are returned within 2 hours of receipt wherever possible or at the latest, prior to close of business on each working day.
- Ensure that any negative outstanding balances are pro-actively chased.
- Ensure that all clients are billed appropriately.
- Hold regular meetings with their team members in order to review the progress of their team.
- Salary £25,000 – £35,000 (depending on experience)